Monkey Bread - Cheese & Chives
This is one of 3 ways you can cook Monkey Bread. For other Monkey Bread variants, see other recipes under recommended recipes
- Add yeast to warm water and mix well. Stand for a few minutes until bubbles form on the surface of the water
- Place flour and salt into a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre. Pour in the yeast mixture along with the oil.
- Using your hands, mix the dough until it comes together into a ball and is smooth.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured work surface and knead for a few minutes.
- Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with cling wrap. Set aside in a warm place to rise for 30 minutes or until it doubles in size.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and knead gently for 5 minutes or until smooth.
- Divide the dough into two portions. Wrap one half in cling wrap and freeze for another time.
- Preheat oven 200° C / 180° C fan-forced. Spray a 20cm round cake pan or ovenproof fry pan with oil.
- Flatten dough out to form a 20cm disc. Add ½ cup of the Perfect Pizza Cheese, garlic salt and 2 tablespoons of the chives. Fold over dough and knead for about 3 minutes or until cheese and herbs are combined and evenly mixed in.
- Shape dough into 3 cm thick log. Cut into 14 portions and roll into even sized balls. Place, side by side over base of prepared pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes then remove pan and sprinkle over remaining cheese. Lightly spray with cooking spray then return to oven and bake for a further 5-10 minutes or until cheese is golden brown and melted.
- Serve warm topped with remaining chives.
- Freeze remaining dough for up to two months.
- Defrost dough in refrigerator overnight